The Les Cygnettes and Les Demoiselles programs are open to any child whose parent is an active member in good standing. The Parent will incur their membership fee as well as the program registration fee for the Les Cygnettes or Les Demoiselles program. The Les Cygnettes and Les Demoiselles Program fees include a set number or events/performances clearly outlined in the year line-up BUT we also offer additional events/performances that each Program Participant may choose to attend for an additional fee (above and beyond the $275.00 for the program fee).
When registering your child for either program you are agreeing to the below listed policies and parameters.
"Program Participant" etiquettes and expectations refers to the Les Cygnettes or Les Demoiselles girl registered for the program.
Program Participant Etiquette & Expectations
Your understanding and cooperation following established etiquette is essential for the enjoyment, safety and easy management of events.
- Each event requires a specific RSVP with a "yes" or a "no" response by the program participant by the specific deadline indication on the "response" portion of the event/performance invitation.
- Acceptance of an invitation to and event/performance is a definite commitment so please plan accordingly. A ticket purchased because of your acceptance cannot be returned to the ticket office for a refund if you do not attend. Therefore, if the Program Participant (either Les Cyg or Les Dem) needs to cancel a reservation she needs to contact both the Ticketing Chair and her School Group Coordinator no less than 48 hours before the performance. Cancellations reported less than 48 hours before the performance, including "no shows", will be charged a $50.00 "No Show/Late Cancellation" fee to cover the cost of the ticket. Tickets are non-transferable.
Established event etiquette must be followed by all Program Participants:
- Plan your schedule to arrive on time and remain for the entire event/performance.
- Seating is assigned and each Program Participant must remain with her group, except during intermissions
- No talking, eating, schoolwork or cell phones during performances
- Appropriate seating: feet on the floor
- Unless otherwise specified on the event/performance invitation, appropriate attire will include dresses, skirts with blouses or sweaters, or dressy pant outfits. When selecting your outfit for the event, please make sure that the hem of your skirt is below your fingertips when your arms are at your sides. No cleavage or midriff should show. Denim fabric should not be worn. Spaghetti and bra straps need to be covered by a sweater or jacket. "Flip flops" should not be worn but dressy mules or slides with a heel and strap between the toes are fine.
- Reusable water bottles are not allowed in the venue.
- Dems are not allowed to drive to and from the performances.
- The use of illegal substances, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or vaping by any Program Participant is strictly forbidden at all event/performances. Use of these may result in dismissal from the event/performance as well as the Les Cygnettes or Les Demoiselles program.
Parent Etiquette & Expectations
Parents are needed to:
- Help ensure that their daughter is aware of the program dates and their specific responsibilities and etiquette expectations.
- Assist their daughter and their School Group Coordinator with social events and transportation to events (light rail can be used as a mode of transportation).
- Notify the School Group Coordinator of any address, email or phones changes. Also please let the Coordinator know if there are any grade discrepancies in the roster.
- If extra tickets are available, parents and/or siblings may attend the performance at the discounted ticket price. The Program Chair will let the families know and these tickets will be distributed at a first come/first serve basis.
- School Group Coordinators will coordinate transportations and carpool arrangements. Families are expected to help out on a regular basis to ensure that this works.
- School Group Coordinators will provide parents with carpool information, including directions to the events and socials as needed.
- Program Participants are expected to arrive on time to performances and related group social occasions and stay through the end of the event. This includes being on time for the carpool. A five (5) minute grace period will be allowed at the meeting place before the carpools leave. If the Program Participant misses the carpool, she will be marked as a No Show and charged the appropriate "No-Show "fee.
- Light rail can be used as a mode of transportation to and from events and performances.
- Transportation is not arranged for Special Events.
- Program Participants (even those of legal driving age) are not allowed to drive themselves to events/performances!
- School Group Coordinators will arrange carpools. Carpool drivers must be a parent or legal guardian of a Les Cygnettes or Les Demoiselle and must have a valid Colorado Driver's License as well as automobile insurance, as required by Colorado law.
- Only parents or legal guardians can participate in carpooling Program Participants to and from events. Drivers will be assigned Program Participants that they are responsible for driving to and from the performance. Program Participants may not drive themselves to/from performances or events.
- Program Participants and their parents are responsible for getting to and from the carpool meeting place.
- Drivers meet and pick-up Program Participants at the agreed upon time and location. On return to the meeting place, drivers must wait until all of their assigned Program Participants have been picked up or left the meeting place.
- Drivers should plan to arrive at the performance 30 minutes early to park, gather your group, get tickets and be seated. One School Group Coordinator or designated driver from each group will enter the lobby and go to the Les Cygnettes or Les Demoiselles table that will be set up. That person will receive and distribute the tickets to the Program Participants and drivers and also turn in the attendance list to the Ticket Chair. Return any unused tickets to the Ticket Chair.
- Drivers are invited and encouraged to join the Program Participants and the events/performances.
- Additional chaperones/parents and/or drivers will be charged the group discount ticket fee for their ticket when they accompany their group and must remain with his/her carpool for the entire performance to act as chaperone. If there is a ticket shortage, it will be dealt with on an individual event basis. If you cannot stay due to the ticket numbers, you must promptly return at the end of the event to meet and pick-up your carpool members.
- It is the driver's responsibility to find a replacement parent/legal guardian to drive if they cannot drive for their scheduled event - it is not the responsibility of the School Group Coordinator.
No Show and Late Cancellations
- Cancellations reported less than 48 hours before a performance, including "No Shows", will be charged a Late Cancellation / No Show fee of $50.00 as stated on the invitation.
- This charge needs to be paid before the next performing arts event; otherwise the Program Participant will not be allowed to attend.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- This policy does not apply to a "special event".
- Special Events incur and additional cost for the Program Participants, parents and all committee members.
- A Special Event has no cancellation policy; there are no refunds.